Cyber Security is the technology and process planned to protect networks and devices from attack and unauthorized access. It is used for protecting systems, networks, and programs from digital attacks. These cyber attacks are generally focused at accessing, modifying, or destroying sensitive information; blackmailing users to get money.
Cyber Security safeguards the data and integrity of computing assets belonging to or attaching to an organization’s network. Its aim is to protect those assets against all threat actors throughout the entire life cycle of a cyber attack.
Common types of Cyber Attacks
Credential Stuffing – uses bots for automation and scale and is based on the guess that many users reuse usernames and passwords
Malware attacks – common cyber attack where malicious software implements unauthorized actions on the victim’s system
Who needs cyber security?
Cyber security is important for government and other organizations that directly affect the nation’s or world’s safety. Cyber attacks to government, military and defense suppliers are starting to replace physical attacks, putting nations in danger.
Does it require coding?
The majority of entry-level cyber security jobs do not need coding skills. However, being able to write and understand code may be necessary for some mid-level and upper-level cyber security positions.
How do hackers get your password?
Personal information such as name and date of birth can be used to guess common passwords. Attackers use social engineering techniques to trick people into revealing passwords.
Best Password Security Tips
- Have a different UNIQUE password for every account
- Keep passwords tough to guess
- Change your passwords every 3-6 months
- Set-up two-factor authentication for an additional level of security
Benefits of managing Cyber Security
- Protect networks and data from unauthorized access
- Enhanced information security
- Enhanced stakeholder confidence in your information security arrangements
- Faster recovery times in the event of a breach
- Firewalls can be difficult to configure correctly
- Wrongly configured firewalls may block users from performing certain actions on the Internet until the firewall configured correctly
- Makes the system slower than before
- Keep updating the new software to keep security up to date
AAHA Solutions knows the challenges that manufacturers face daily and we can help you tackle the challenges you might face approaching the complex digital technologies. We help multiple manufacturing companies maximize their business potential by embracing this fourth industrial revolution. Get in touch with us if you would like to discuss your concerns or ask for more insights from us.